Choosing the best credit cards in India is crucial in a scenario where skyrocketing inflation is eating into your finances. Using a credit card can be a game-changer when it comes to spending smart and improving your personal finances. After all, life is unpredictable, and unforeseen scenarios may burn a big hole in your pocket.
Over the past five years, the credit card market in India has grown at a CAGR of 20%. You’d agree—people are now more comfortable making digital payments than carrying a fluffy wallet full of cash. This has sparked the growth of credit card use in India. And the allure is irresistible!! From easy purchases to exclusive privileges and reward programs, you can have it all using credit cards!
As we enter 2024, navigating through a broad range of credit card options can be intimidating. That’s why this blog covers a brief overview of the best credit cards in India to look forward to in 2024. Whether you are a shopaholic, a frequent traveler, or someone who wants cashback, these credit cards meet diverse lifestyles and needs.
Top 13 Credit Cards in India
Credit cards comes with lot of features and rewards. Every credit card may have different rewards depending on usage and spending limit. You must know about the smart ways to use credit cards to get maximum benefits. Let’s dive into the features and benefits of the top credit cards in India.
1. HDFC Regalia Credit Card
The HDFC Regalia Credit Card is a great choice if you are looking for a premium credit card at a nominal fee.
- Get 2,500 reward points as a welcome gift.
- Insurance coverage up to ₹ 1 Crore.
- Complimentary domestic and international lounge access.
- 4 reward points on spending every ₹ 150.
- 1% waiver on fuel surcharge.
- Easily convert bigger purchases into simple EMIs.
2. Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card
Ever thought of a credit card that has no joining fees or annual fees?? The Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards is the best credit card if you have applied for the first time. Check out some of its key benefits.
- Get 1000 reward points when you do any credit card transaction within 60 days.
- Up to 20% cashback on your Uber rides.
- Register for Standard Chartered internet banking, and you can earn an additional 500 reward points.
- Enjoy 5x reward points for every ₹150 you spend on dining and fuel.
- 1x reward points for spending at least ₹150 on all other categories.
- You can also get attractive offers and discounts on travel, dining, and shopping.
3. IDFC First Classic Credit Card
Are you looking for good entry-level credit cards in India? The IDFC First Classic Credit Card will not disappoint you because it has zero joining fees and offers attractive benefits.
- Spend a minimum of ₹15,000 within the first ninety days of your credit card activation and get a welcome bonus of ₹500.
- Enjoy 6x reward points every time you shop online, amounting up to ₹20,000 per month.
- Offline purchases up to ₹20,000 per month can get you up to 3x reward points.
- Complimentary access to railway lounge (4 every quarter).
- Zero annual fees.
4. SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card
It is another good entry-level credit card that primarily targets online shoppers. It has a joining fee and annual fee of ₹499 but also offers a broad range of benefits that you might be interested in. The SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card is the right choice if you love shopping online.
- You can get a gift voucher of ₹500 when you pay the joining fee.
- Enjoy 10x reward points every time you shop with SBI’s partner brands like Myntra, BookMyShow, Netmeds, Domino’s, etc.
- Make secure and convenient contactless credit card payments at millions of outlets globally.
- Get 5x reward points on all online purchases.
5. Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
The Axis Bank Neo is a super beneficial credit card if you want to save more while shopping. It is one of the best credit cards for shopping as it offers great benefits and cashback across different shopping and entertainment categories.
- Enjoy fine dining at any partner restaurant under the Axis Bank Dining Delights programme and get attractive discounts of up to 15%.
- Get gift cards worth ₹700 as your welcome bonus.
- Pay your first utility bill using the credit card and get 100% cashback up to ₹300.
- An embedded EMV chip makes all your online transactions more secure.
- Love shopping on Myntra? Get a 10% discount every time you shop!!
6. HDFC Millennia Credit Card
The HDFC Millennia Credit Card is one of the best credit cards in India that offers attractive welcome bonuses and reward points on your purchases. HDFC Bank has partnered with several premier brands to provide CashPoints every time you purchase from these brands.
- You may earn 1000 CashPoints when you pay the annual fee of ₹1000.
- Enjoy 5% cashback up to ₹1000 when you shop online from partner brands such as Myntra, Amazon, BookMyShow, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Flipkart, etc.
- Get 1% cashback on all other purchases you make using the credit card.
- Exclusive discounts of up to 20% when you dine out at partner restaurants.
- Enjoy up to 8 complimentary domestic lounge access in a year.
- You get an interest-free period of 50 days from the date of your card’s activation.
7. ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card
The ICICI Bank Platinum Chip Credit Card is a great option if you want a no-frills, great-value credit card with exciting benefits. It is a basic credit card that does not require any joining or annual fee but offers you great rewards every time you make a purchase.
- You can earn 2 reward points on every ₹100 you spend on retail purchases excluding fuel. Redeem these reward points to buy exclusive products on the ICICI Bank Rewards platform.
- Earn 1 reward point when you spend ₹100 on insurance and utilities categories.
- When you make fuel transactions of up to ₹4000 at any HCPL pump, you can enjoy a 1% fuel surcharge waiver when you swipe the card on ICICI Merchant Services swipe machines.
- Enjoy great offers when you travel, dine, shop, or unwind at a spa.
8. IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
The IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura is one of the top credit cards in India that offers a plethora of lifestyle benefits along with flexible reward points. With this credit card, you get comprehensive insurance coverage and 24/7 concierge services.
- Earn 4x reward points every time you shop, dine, or travel with selected merchants
- The credit card provides you with comprehensive travel insurance coverage worth up to ₹1,00,000.
- Enjoy an attractive fuel surcharge waiver.
- Get exciting discount vouchers from premier shopping brands like Flipkart, Amazon, Apollo Pharmacy, Big Bazaar, Ola, Uber, etc.
- It does not require any joining fee or annual fee.
9. Indian Oil Titanium Citibank Credit Card
Fuel prices are skyrocketing! If you think you are spending too much on fuel, this is a beneficial credit card for you. Typically, you do not need to pay any annual fee on this credit card if you spend at least ₹30,000 yearly. However, if your credit card purchases are less than ₹30,000, you will need to pay an annual fee of ₹1,000.
- Earn 4 Turbo Points for every ₹150 you spend to purchase fuel at any Indian Oil pump.
- Get a complete waiver of fuel surcharge on the amount of fuel you purchase.
- Earn 2 Turbo Points on a minimum purchase of ₹150 on groceries from partner supermarkets.
- You can also earn 1 Turbo Point for every ₹150 you spend on dining, shopping, travelling, etc.
10. Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
Love shopping on Amazon? If yes, then the Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card ensures you exciting rewards and benefits. It is a beneficial credit card for online shopping, especially on the eCommerce giant – Amazon.
- You pay zero joining and annual fees.
- If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can enjoy 5% cashback on all Amazon purchases.
- Non-Prime members can earn 3% cashback for shopping on Amazon.
- Get 1% cashback on all other online transactions you make using the credit card.
- Simple and hassle-free cashback conversion and reward redemption.
11. IDFC First Select Credit Card
Looking for good credit cards in India with zero annual fees? The IDFC First Select Credit Card is lifetime-free, so you can use it without worrying about recurring annual charges. It also offers a wide range of benefits and rewards to shoppers and travellers.
- Whether you shop online or offline, you can enjoy 6x and 3x reward points respectively using the credit card.
- Enjoy 10x reward points when you spend over ₹25,000.
- Get free roadside assistance worth ₹1,399.
- When you book movie tickets worth ₹250 or less using the Paytm mobile app, you can enjoy the Buy One Get One offer.
- Get 4 complimentary access to the domestic airport lounge per quarter.
12. Axis Atlas Credit Card
The Axis Atlas Credit Card is the right choice if you love travelling or are a frequent flyer. It offers comprehensive rewards in the form of EDGE Miles, travel benefits, lounge access, and insurance covers. Considering the benefits it offers, the credit card comes with an annual fee of ₹5,000.
- Enjoy an attractive welcome bonus of 5,000 EDGE Miles.
- You can earn 5 EDGE Miles for every ₹100 you spend on travel transactions and 2 EDGE Points on other entitled transactions.
- Gold and Platinum members can enjoy complimentary airport concierge service.
- Get free access to airport lounges in multiple cities.
- You can also get free travel insurance coverage for trip cancellation, baggage loss, or accidental death.
13. HDFC Bank Infinia Credit Card
This is a beneficial credit card for elite travellers and shoppers who are looking for premium benefits. It comes with an annual fee of ₹12,500 but offers a broad spectrum of privileges and benefits. the HDFC bank Infinia Credit Card combines lifestyle with luxury in its true sense.
- You get 12,500 reward points as a welcome bonus upon card activation.
- Earn 5 reward points on every ₹150 you spend on retail purchases, such as utilities, rent payments, insurance, etc.
- Use SmartBuy for shopping and travel and get 10x reward points.
- Unlimited airport lounge access, both domestic and international.
- Get comprehensive insurance coverage, including ₹3 Crore accidental air death and credit shield cover of ₹9 Lakh.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver for all transactions between ₹400 and ₹1,00,000.
- 1-year complimentary Club Mariott Membership with up to 20% discounts on stay and dining across the Asia-Pacific region.
The Final Words
Having trouble choosing the best credit card for you? With new and better products being introduced every year, it can be intimidating to find the right credit card that aligns with your financial goals and spending habits. Before you get one, compare the best credit cards in India and read the terms & conditions carefully. Remember, a credit card can be an effective financial tool when you know how to use it wisely.